Previously we discussed rooting tutorials of many devices such as Google Nexus, Samsung Galaxy S5 and Galaxy Note 4 but now we will be writing a guide on how to root Xperia Z, ZL and ZR on Kitkat 4.4.4. The new update of Kitkat 4.4.4 build 10.5.1.A.0.283 included many major improvements which reflects battery life, performance and enhancements to default / stock apps like Email App, SMS and other apps.
In case you have accidently updated to this new update and have lost root on your device then this tutorial is for you. Just follow the guide below and It will help, trust me.
Root Xperia Z, ZL and ZR on Kitkat 4.4.4
This quick guide is only for :
- Xperia Z C6602
- Xperia ZL C5502
- Xperia ZR C6502
Make certain that your device is exactly as stated above. To look into just what gadget you have, tap Settings > More/General > Concerning Gadget or Setups > Regarding Device and match the model number. Take care regarding the gadget version number, flashing a file on a device not specified right here could lead to bricking it up.
2. Battery needs to be asked for at the very least 60 %
Your device’s electric battery should not be weak. In situation your gadget goes lifeless throughout the blinking procedure, your gadget might obtain soft bricked and you could be seeking flashing stock firmware which will ultimately cause wiping up your data too. So, make certain that you charge your device prior to you begin the flashing process.
3. Usage the OEM data cable to establish connection
Always utilize the original information wire to determine connection in between your Android tool and also your computer / laptop. Making use of regular data cords may disturb the blinking process, so to avoid any problem, you have to satisfy this need as well.
4. Enable USB debugging
Your phone should have the USB debugging enabled. In order to enable it, go to Settings> Regarding gadget> tap the build number for 7 times. The developer options will certainly be allowed, now go back to the food selection display in settings and open developer alternatives. When opened up, allow USB debugging outward the designer alternatives.
5. Take your backup
Simply to be on the safe side, you might think about supporting each and also the whole thing from your Android tool. This is highly suggested so that in situation anything fails, you still have the accessibility to each one of your data and you could restore it quickly. You may backup the whole thing as listed below.
- Backup TEXT Messages
- Backup Telephone call Logs
- Backup Get in touches with
- Backup Media – Duplicate your data manually to your COMPUTER or Laptop.
- Titanium Data backup
- Backup Nandroid
6. Install as well as setup Sony Flashtool [ Download ]
You should have mounted Sony Flashtool. After setting up Sony Flashtool, open the Flashtool folder from the drive where you mounted it. Now open Flashtool > Drivers > Flashtool-drivers. exe as well as mount the Flashtool, Fastboot & Xperia Z, ZR, ZL motorists from the list.
The methods involved in flashing customized recuperations, roms and rooting your phone are highly customized and also might lead to bricking your tool, and also has nothing to do with Google or the device producer that is SONY in our situation. In situation you’re not going to unlock the bootloader of your gadget, you might not stress over this. Additionally rooting your device will invalidate its guarantee and also you will be not eligible for any type of sort of free of cost device services by the manufacturers/warranty service providers. In situation of any type of accident we could not be held responsible. Adhere to these directions to the letter to prevent any sort of mishap or bricking. Ensure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own obligation.
- Xperia Z – [ Download 2.30 Firmware / Download 2.83 Firmware ]
- Xperia ZL – [ Download 2.30 Firmware / Download 2.83 Firmware ]
- Xperia ZR – [ Download 2.30 Firmware / Download 2.83 Firmware ]
Root Guide :
- Firstly, download the.230 firmware ftf file for your Xperia Z/ZR/ZL.
- Copy the downloaded firmware ftf file to firmware folder, which could be situated under the Flashtool installation directory site.
- Open Flashtool.exe now.
- Attacked the small lightening button on the leading left corner as well as select Flashmode.
- Select the FTF firmware data that you positioned in the Firmware folder.
- From the best side, leave out everything other than bit, as shown below.
- Do not touch anything else on this display, as well as click on Flash.
- It will start preparing the firmware (kernel) for flashing. This could take a little while to tons.
- As soon as the firmware is loaded, it will trigger you to affix the phone by turning it off and also keeping the back essential press.
- For Xperia Z/ZR/ZL, Quantity Down key will certainly do the job of back key, merely switch off your phone, keep the Volume Down crucial pushed as well as plug in the information cable television.
- As quickly as the phone is identified in Flashmode, the firmware will certainly begin blinking the kernel, Do not leave the Volume Down vital till the procedure is complete.
- When you see “Flashing finished or Finished Blinking” leave the Quantity Down trick.
- Once the bit is blinked, ensure that you have actually made it possible for USB debugging on your phone.
- Download the current One Click Root Tool and also remove it.
- From the removed files, carry out the Run. bat documents now.
- A command punctual will open up requiring you to connect your tool to your COMPUTER now.
- Having the USB debugging allowed, attach your tool.
- Adhere to the on-screen instructions unless your phone is rooted.
- Once rooted, detach your phone and transform it off.
- Now adhere to flash the.283 bit using action 2-12 to get your tool’s initial bit back.
- That’s all folks.
Don’t forget to thank and write back to us with what was the first app you installed after Rooting your device ?